Therefore, if you don’t know what it is, you have not yet installed or have it, but you don’t know to use it, then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to introduce you to the basics of Google Analytics.
Is Google Analytics Necessary?
As long as you have a website and or deal with content marketing, there are several things you should keep your taps on. Google Analytics is like a one-in-all application for your digital marketing success.
It measures your success and shows you where you need to improve. Consider these questions about your site.
- How many visitors do you receive on your site?
- What is the source of your live visitors?
- Is your site mobile-friendly?
- What external links are working for you?
- Which strategies drive in more traffic?
- Do you have pages that are more famous than others?
- How many visitors buy your products per given time?
- What is the source of your converting visitors?
- Does your site have the right speed? If not, how do you improve it?
- Which blogs do your visitors like the most?
These are just some of the questions that Google Analytics will help you answer. It provides an easy way to analyze the success of what you are doing.
Google Analytics is, therefore, an essential tool in your online marketing. And you must know how to use it.
How to use Google Analytics
The first thing you need is to have the application. You can do this by simply creating a Google Analytics account. If you already have a Google account, you should get the Analytics account using it. If not, you can create a new one.
Remember, your Google Analytics account is something you will keep forever, but sure to follow the logins to yourself. The last thing you want is people snooping around your site, causing potential damage.
Here are steps to use the tool:
1. Set up your account
Once you have the account ready, click on Sign in to Google Analytics. You will be prompted to follow the first three steps to set up your account.
2. Install your tracking code
3. Set up site search
Site search is another valuable thing to add to your account. It is easy to set up, from the top of the home page.
4. Add additional accounts and properties
You can always add a new Google Analytics account from the Admin Menu. This will help you track more work at all times.
5. Other features
Now you are ready to begin using the tool. Take note of the following:
- View the Google Analytics Data each time you log on
- Use standard report features to get the latest reports
- Understand the types of Google Analytics Reports